The RV Series-Tuesday, Delivery Day Two

You might be wondering what happened to Delivery Day One.

I’ll tell you what happened to Monday; It passed in a haze because we drove thirteen freaking hours on Sunday.

So much for the whole “takes 10 hours” thing.  I was definitely Whining Kathy, more high-strung than usual because being cooped up anywhere for that long makes me crazy. I hit Level Two Bat-shit Crazy around hour 9.   We finally pulled into a Holiday Inn about 13 hours, 15 minutes after we left the house.

We were both tired and grumpy, but we grabbed a quick bite to eat before we collapsed into bed. I set my alarm for 5 am to make sure we made it to the factory by 7:30.  I was asleep by 9:30 and awake at….3 am.  I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I was dressed and ready to go when my alarm went off.

It was 8:30 am by the time we checked in at the factory, and they took us to see Bella-BOW.   I needed a nap.

Our first look was great, Bella is as beautiful as I hoped she would be. We had about 15 minutes alone with her and then our delivery technician began going through the checklist, explaining all the systems.   I’m really glad we had some BBOW experience because my eyes glazed over and my brain kicked into “Everything sounds like Charlie Brown’s teacher” mode.   Wah, Wah, Wahhhh.

At around 2:30 they moved her to the hook-up area ( no not like Tinder, like camping )and we could finally relax and get to know her.   She has a great shower and a really good bed; the only things I tested last night.

We were up early again this morning so the technician could pick her up at 6:30.  He took her in to fix a couple of the small things we identified on our walk through yesterday. Unfortunately, it took most of the day, so we didn’t have time with her until we got back to the parking area. Tomorrow she goes back to the paint shop because Eagle Eye Dave used his raptor vision to find things an ordinary human would never see.  She will be there all day.   If she doesn’t dry, we’ll have to spend the night in a hotel.

Driving Dave hasn’t driven her yet.   He is chomping at the bit, but his first drive might be as we wave goodbye to the factory and head home.

The drive home will not be a one day trip even if it means camping overnight in a Walmart parking lot, a little deja vu from our first trip in little BBOW.

Due to technical issues ( the issue is I’m not technical), I can’t add pictures right now but if you read that linked post above she looks nothing like the picture I drew.

But then neither did BBOW.

More tomorrow.   Stay tuned…..


This entry was posted in Posts, The RV Series and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to The RV Series-Tuesday, Delivery Day Two

  1. jammajo says:

    Your writing always lifts me up! Good luck with rest of the process. Remember, it’ll all be worth it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s